Friday, November 19, 2010

It's beginning to smell a lot like Turkey!

This morning there was ice on my windshield. It's going to be a cold winter this year--I can feel it in the air. I've been trying to wake up a little earlier before I hit the road to spend some time with Jesus. Even for just 5 minutes it helps to fill me up to start the day. "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." (Phil. 4:9). A reminder--put Jesus' words into practice.

I read these words in my devotional Walking with Christ in the Details of Life by Patrick M. Morley: "God makes us thirst for Him. He sends you to the thirsty desert of a blank page. His highest desire is that we would long for a personal relationship with Him, as a perishing prospector pines for a drink of water. "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." (Psalm 42:1). Thirst for God, and you will be filled. When your problems exceed your ingenuity, God is reestablishing the personal relationship. He knows a blank page will bring you back to surrender. "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." (Psalm 34:17-19).

I look forward to buying a Christmas tree soon and smelling the fresh pine smell throughout the apartment. Thanksgiving is next week and my mouth is already watering imagining all the delicious foods we'll eat. Today I am thankful. Thankful for peace, a great job, a loving/fun husband, awesome friends, and a patient Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment