Saturday, November 13, 2010

Courage, Conviction and Character...

I'm home now after visiting friends in Roanoke, Virginia. My friend Angela's mom, Judy Primo lived a fulfilling life after battling breast cancer for many years. She was 61 when she went to be with the Lord. It was a lovely service where friends and relatives from all over came to remember the amazing woman she was. Angela was the first to speak "what Judy taught me...as a daughter"--there was not a dry eye in the church when Angela began to weep at the pulpit. I grieve with her as they were very close and Judy lived with Angela and her husband David in Texas in hospice care during her final days. The sweetest testimony was from Judy's former 8th grade student--blonde hair, blue eyed boy fully decked out in a black suit. He talked about how Judy was there for him, like an adopted grandmother who accepted him as he was and was always there to encourage him and answer his questions. He spear-headed a tree-planting project where their class (of 2015) planted Judy's favorite tree--a dogwood out front of their school.

Angela outside the church with the dogwood tree.

The verses shared today were 1 Peter 5, Hebrews 11:13, 1 Corinthians 15, and Colossians 3:23. The pastor shared how Judy was a woman of courage, conviction and character. What a life she lived unto the Lord and others around her. We will miss her here but will join her one day in the Heavens.

On our way to Roanoke we stopped at Panera Bread for supper. That was fun catching up and just kicking back before making the 3 and an half hour journey. What's nice about this time of year is all the "pumpkin" things you can order. It was sweet how my dad said he misses my hugs and it was good to spend some time with him, my mom, and our friend Caroline from my parent's church. Thom came to supper too which was great to have him there. It was such a treat coming home to him have done half the laundry & fixed my car headlight--that's what husbands are for, right?!

Today's little treasures included seeing Angela's son, Christian who I used to babysit since he was born! I bought him a pack of silly bands and he gave me the green frog named "Kiwi". I bought Thom an iron man pez dispenser--those things never grow old!

Alright, heavy eye-lids, signing off--sweet dreams cyber space and all those who read this blog! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment